905.273.3022 Ext: 295
Bobby Sachdeva heads up the firm's Insolvency & Corporate Restructuring Practice and is a member of the Commercial Litigation Practice. Bobby is also on the firm's Executive Committee.
Bobby’s insolvency and corporate restructuring practice includes providing advice to court appointed Receivers, Trustees and Monitors. Bobby also represents trade creditors, financial institutions, landlords and directors in proceedings and transactions under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (the “BIA”), the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and related provincial legislation. Bobby regularly advises on proposals, informal workouts, priority disputes, fraudulent transactions, reorganizations, asset recovery and the enforcement of rights on the part of secured creditors. Bobby also advises debtors through restructurings under the BIA.
On the commercial litigation side, Bobby’s practice includes corporate governance, shareholders’ disputes, complex contractual disputes, injunctions and debt recovery. Bobby regularly appears on matters on the Commercial list.
Professional Memberships and Awards
2010 Lawyer of the Year (Male), South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of Toronto
Member, The Advocates’ Society
Member, South Asian Bar Association
Member, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Ontario Bar Association
Member, Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Member, Peel Law Association
B.A. (Hons.), McGill University (1988)
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School (1991)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1993
- Litigation Management - Moving Away From "One Size Fits All" (Civil Justice Reform in Action - The New Rule Amendments - October 2009)
- An Update on the Farm Debt Mediation Act and Notice of Intention to Enforce Security (The Six Minute Debtor-Creditor and Insolvency Lawyer - October 2009)
- The Hearing of a Trustee's Final Statement of Receipts and Disbursements - It's not Business as Usual (CAIRP Seminar - May 2009)
- Trustee Misconduct (The Lawyers Weekly - November 2008)
- Insolvency Legislation Amendments: Priorities for Secured Creditors Re-Ordered (August 2008)
- Litigation Process in the Province of Ontario (May 2003)