Joe Conte heads up the firm’s Business Law Practice and is a member of the Insolvency & Corporate Restructuring Practice.
Joe spent fifteen years as lead Canadian counsel in the Commercial Finance Industry working for multinational corporations having billions of dollars in assets before finally returning to his roots in private practice. His exceptional financial and general business acumen enhances his strong track record in executing complex corporate transactions and other commercially driven projects.
Joe’s diversified background includes debtor/creditor secured transactions and insolvency law with significant exposure to general corporate and commercial law, employment law, mergers & acquisitions, compliance, administrative law, competition law, intellectual property law and litigation management. A skilled negotiator and drafter, Joe is committed to providing excellent business oriented and results-driven service on a timely basis.
Areas of Expertise
- Secured Lending & Finance
- Insolvency & Restructuring
- Corporate & Commercial Law – M&A
- Aircraft Transactions & Financing
- Intellectual Property Law
- Contract Negotiation & Review
- Executive Advisory & Leadership
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Client & Stakeholder Relations
- Risk Assessment & Management
- Corporate Governance
Vice-Chair, Canada/US Committee, International Section, New York State Bar Association
EducationB.B.A., York University (1985)
L.L.B., Osgoode Hall Law School (1988)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1990
Qualified as Solicitor in New South Wales, Australia, 2005
- Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation: The Clock is Ticking... (May 2013)
- Privacy Protection (November 2012)
- PPSA Issues and Real Estate - Priorities and Enforcement (The Law Society of Upper Canada - April 2012)