Lisa Sticht-Maksymec is a member of the firm’s Wills, Estates & Trusts Practice, the Estate Litigation Group and the Family Business Law Group.
Lisa provides clients with sound and practical advice while assisting them with the preparation and implementation of their estate plans through the use of wills, trusts and/or special beneficiary designations and powers of attorney. Lisa offers guidance to estate trustees in the administration of estates and guides attorneys and guardians of property and personal care.
Lisa also advises trustees or beneficiaries involved in contentious estate disputes, including estate accounting disputes and will challenges, with an approach that explores both legal and practical solutions. Her experience with both estate administration and estate litigation allows her to advise clients the best ways to plan for the efficient administration of their estates and to avoid common pitfalls which could result in costly family disputes.
Member, Ontario Bar Association – Estates and Trusts section
Member, Peel Law Association
Member, Estate Planning Council of Mississauga
B.A., University of Waterloo (1995)
LL.B., Queen’s University (1998)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2000
- Estate Dispute Shows that Leaving an Unclear Will Can Have Serious Legal and Personal Consequences for Family Members and Estate Trustees
- Executors Beware: Important Changes to the Administration of Ontario Probate Tax are Coming
- Some Estate Planning Opportunities(revised December 2008)
- A Guide to Will Preparation and Estate Planning
- A Guide to Estate Planning - Disabled Beneficiaries