DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Pallett Valo, we are committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture, empowering persons of all backgrounds to thrive and to develop their full potential. Our aim is to create a welcoming environment where everyone feels they fit in and are recognized for their contribution to the success of the firm and our clients’ businesses. Our goal is to ensure that all firm members are given an equal opportunity and that everyone is treated fairly with respect for their personal dignity. We are committed to identifying and removing barriers in our recruitment, advancement and retention initiatives. Our focus on diversity and inclusion aligns with the firm’s core values of integrity and respect. We recognize and value the unique contribution people can make because of their individual backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Respect and support should always be at the core of our client and employee interactions. With this in mind, we are putting policies, procedures, and practices in place to make this a reality. The firm has also established a Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee will:
- Recommend strategic initiatives to promote diversity in the firm to recruit, advance, and retain lawyers and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Assist the firm in the implementation of the proposed strategic initiatives
- Oversee the firm’s compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Coordinate training for diversity and training initiatives
- Respond to inquiries with respect to diversity and inclusion initiatives to all interested parties inside and outside the firm