As our world becomes more connected and business borders shrink, organizations have greater needs to be able to operate seamlessly in other jurisdictions. With this change in mind, Pallett Valo has placed a greater focus on doing business with our closest neighbour in North America and has expanded our reach throughout the world via our international affiliation with GGI.
Here are a few important factors to consider when sourcing a law firm from Canada that can assist you best:
- We have assisted foreign businesses in all types of corporate and commercial transactions including: incorporation, acquisitions, divestitures, amalgamations, secured financings, joint ventures, partnership arrangements, preferred and common equity investments and supply, and distribution agreements;
- We have expertise in the area of franchise law including licensing and distribution, and dispute resolution and litigation;
- We represent a number of multinational food manufacturers and food service providers involved in the dairy, coffee, confectionary and seasoning segments of the food and beverage industry;
- We have represented large international construction firms involved in construction disputes in Ontario;
- We can facilitate and manage the purchase or lease of land or premises to establish a physical presence in Canada. Through our extensive network of consultants, we can assist in site selection, environmental and physical due diligence, financing, development, construction, renovation, LEED certification and all other real estate related matters;
- We have relationships with law firms and lawyers across Canada, the United States and beyond; and with our international affiliations, we can speak your language;
- We can help U.S. and other foreign businesses that are entering into Canada, or that are managing their Canadian operations, meet the regulatory and legal requirements the country imposes on business; and
- We are located in Mississauga, Ontario; thus we have the ability to access the talent and financial resources that are available next door in Toronto, Canada’s business capital, at a cost which is considerably less than what is charged by the downtown firms.