Individuals get into franchising for a variety of reasons and one of the biggest lures of franchising is the opportunity to invest in a well-established business model. Franchising can provide even the most inexperienced business owner with a sound investment opportunity with the right franchise. However, the world of franchising is ever-evolving. Having an in-depth understanding of franchise law and franchise legislation is critical to running a successful franchise business.
That is the valued role of Pallett Valo.
At Pallett Valo we have comprehensive knowledge of all matters that pertain to franchise law. Franchise law is a highly specialized area of practice that requires sophisticated industry knowledge and expertise. Whether it is preparing or negotiating franchise documentation, advising on compliance issues or franchise litigation, Pallett Valo works closely with franchisors and franchisees to provide thorough but practical business advice.
With a multi-disciplinary team of law experts in complementary practice areas, we are uniquely positioned to counsel clients in all aspects of franchising. Whether you are opening a new franchise or are looking to expand your existing franchise or are looking to become a franchisee, Pallett Valo delivers timely, results-focused solutions to support all your general franchise and corporate-commercial law matters.
WE ASSIST CLIENTS WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Compliance issues with Ontario’s Arthur Wishart Act (Franchise Disclosure), 2000
- Negotiating franchise agreements and litigation of franchise disputes
- Franchise contracts, licensing, renewals, and buy outs
- License and distribution arrangements
- Preparing and reviewing disclosure documents
- Managing the franchisor-franchisee relationship including franchisor control vs. franchisee rights, right to associate, duty of fair dealing, and franchisee exits
- Franchise defaults and terminations
- Franchise mergers and acquisitions
- Negligence, misrepresentation, failure to disclose and breach of fiduciary duty