Christina Chiu has a broad insurance defence practice, representing insurance companies, corporations, and individuals.
Her practice focuses on property claims, occupiers’ liability, professional negligence, motor vehicle accident claims, and product liability.
She has appeared in the Superior Court of Justice, the Small Claims Court and before the Licence Appeal Tribunal. In addition, Christina represents clients in alternative dispute resolution, including mediations and arbitrations.
Her experience includes drafting legal opinions, pleadings, motion records, factums, mediation memorandums and arbitration materials. Furthermore, she drafts submissions to the Licence Appeal Tribunal, Superior Court of Justice, and Court of Appeal.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Insurance Defence,
- Coverage Opinions,
- Environmental Claims,
- Health Law,
- Insurance Law,
- Motor Vehicle Accidents,
- Occupiers’ Liability,
- Property Loss Claims
H.B.Sc., University of Toronto, 2014
J.D., University of New Brunswick, 2019
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2020
- Member, Canada Defence Lawyers Association
- Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Exclusion under the Condominium Unit Owners Policy for Criminal and Intentional Actions
- Court Permits Extension of Time for Discovery in Simplified Procedure Action
- Anticipated Changes to Rules Effective March 31, 2022 Regarding Pre-trials and Expert Reports
- Can a Policy Breach Result in a Denial of Coverage Even When Discovered Late in the Litigation?
- Pallett Valo Hires Two New Associates
- Pallett Valo Grows Its Construction Litigation and Insurance Practices With Two New Hires
- Abraham Walker Entrance Scholarship, Sept 2016
- Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award, 2014
- University of Toronto Mississauga Principal Involvement Award, 2014