Hero Salih is a business lawyer with extensive experience in structuring local and global mergers and acquisitions, investments, expansions, partnerships, and contractual matters, working with clients’ multidisciplinary advisors locally and abroad.
She represents both public and private companies, boards, and financial advisors, with clients ranging from owner-operated companies, small businesses, and sole proprietors to large international corporations.
Drawing on her extensive experience, Hero assists clients in navigating complex corporate mergers and acquisitions, re-organizations, and joint ventures. She has the aptitude to translate complexities and grey areas in agreements and negotiations into practical outcomes. When it comes to technology-based and innovative businesses, she provides legal advice to help them grow their businesses in a smart way.
Solution-focused and client-centred, Hero provides clear guidance that enables clients to make informed decisions. Her corporate clients appreciate these qualities, particularly on time-sensitive, complicated, and high-stakes transactions.
Assisting both international and local clients, she regularly acts for cannabis companies, medical corporations, logistics and transportation companies, pharmaceutical companies, as well as large software and IT companies.
- Business Law,
- Banking and Finance,
- Business Structuring and Succession Planning,
- Commercial Agreements,
- Commercial Leasing,
- Corporate Finance,
- Corporate Governance,
- Corporate Reorganizations,
- Cross Border Transactions,
- Franchise Law,
- Joint Ventures,
- Licensing and Technology Transfers,
- Mergers and Acquisitions,
- Not-for-Profit and Charity Law,
- Partnership Agreements,
- Privacy Law,
- Shareholders Agreements
J.D., University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (2011)
Hons. B.Sc., McMaster University (2004)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2012
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Ontario Trucking Association
- Member, Toronto Transportation Club
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Young Women in Law
- Representing a Canadian auto parts distributor in its merger with an international automotive parts company with over 5,000 stores worldwide.
- Acting for one of the fastest growing B2B sales marketing support companies in a C$87 million acquisition.
- Representing a large human resource company in the acquisition of numerous corporations in various industries including logistics, healthcare, and restaurant catering.
- Representing the purchaser in a merger and acquisition transaction involving the purchase of a large logistics and transportation company.
- Acting for the vendors in a sale of all issued and outstanding shares of a Toronto software company to a Fortune 500 purchaser for approximately C$50 million.
- Acting for the vendors in the sale of a multi-disciplinary medical centre for approximately C$5 million.
- Presenter, “Doing Business in Canada”, City of Mississauga Economic Development and Toronto Global – June 2021
- Presenter, Business Law Seminar, City of Mississauga – November 2020