Ontario Bar Association’s Institute
Back by popular demand, hear expert practitioners debate the most pressing and unsettled issues in trusts and estates law today. Gather helpful insights for a balanced view on the thorny legal issues to help you resolve them in your practice and better represent your clients.
Program topics include:
- Rubner v. Bistricer elevates failed gifts into enforceable trusts
- There is no limitation period on a will challenge
- Lawyers should generally recommend that powers of attorney for property only become effective on incapacity
- Third-party litigation funding is a boon for clients, lawyers, and access to justice
- Alter ego trusts should be standard estate planning tools, not just for the sophisticated lawyer and client
Pallett Valo Speaker:
Krystyne Rusek, Lawyer
Thursday, February 6, 2020
9:00am to 12:00pm
OBA Conference Centre
20 Toronto Street, 2nd Floor
Professionalism Hours: This program is eligible for up to 0h 30m
Substantive Hours: This program is eligible for up to 2h 30m
The OBA has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Ontario.
Please register directly with the Ontario Bar Association’s Institute.