We accept applications from December 1 to 31 each year.
Interviews are conducted in January of the following year.
Our current and 2023/2024 Articling Student positions have now been filled. If a position becomes available, notice will be posted on this page.
Applications must include a cover letter, your resume, and undergraduate and law school transcripts.
- Customize your cover letter; it’s the first thing we read.
- Use it to highlight your interest in Pallett Valo and what you think makes you a good fit for our firm.
- Your cover letter is also an opportunity to explain any irregularities in your application, such as a bad grade on a transcript.
- Maximum two pages.
- Make sure all the info is correct.
- Make sure they’re current.
- If your undergrad studies were unrelated to law, tell us why in your cover letter.
Send us everything as PDF.
Successful applicants will work within a challenging, fast-paced and demanding environment that requires confidence, critical thinking, and strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Spell the firm name correctly: Pallett has two Ls and two Ts; Valo has one L.
- Follow the instructions on what your application package should include, to whom it should be addressed and how it should be submitted. A student who fails to follow these instructions may be seen as careless or not paying attention to detail.
- Proofread your application: Spell check is not enough, particularly if you have used a template cover letter for all your applications. Be particularly mindful of accidental references to other law firms and areas of the law not practiced at Pallett Valo, expressing an interest in working on Bay Street or anywhere other than Peel Region, etc.
Pallett Valo is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all individuals. If you require any accommodation during the application, interview or onboarding processes, please contact Human Resources. Pallett Valo LLP will consult with the person making the request in determining the best accommodation, accessible format or communication support that can be provided.
We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals including individuals with disabilities, by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.