In 2021 Anne took on the role of Partner, Risk and Practice Management, drawing on her many years of experience in firm management at Pallett Valo.
For the past 30 years she has been involved in a series of management roles at the firm, as Head of the Commercial Litigation Practice, Deputy Managing Partner and two terms as Managing Partner.
As Partner, Risk and Practice Management Anne continues to manage conflicts and ethics issues that arise daily in the modern practice of law, and to act as an advisor to the Executive Committee and management of the firm on issues such as insurance, regulatory compliance, data protection, technology policies, lawyer development, practice standards and client service standards.
In addition, she oversees the firm’s knowledge management. She works directly with the legal professionals on issues that arise in the increasingly complex world of private practice, including the commercial issues that can develop in the context of client engagements.
Anne is a member of the ﬁrm’s Management Committee and was one of the founding members of its Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Previously Anne practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, estate litigation and alternate dispute resolution.
Although Anne has withdrawn from advocacy work, she remains available as a mediator in a wide variety of areas. With nearly 40 years of litigation experience in areas as varied as property, business, insurance and estate disputes, Anne is well suited to act as mediator in a wide variety of situations, including commercial disputes and estate matters. She has taken advanced mediation training and is passionate about the benefits of mediation for clients who want to control their own destiny. This belief in the power of mediation and that a pragmatic, cost-effective and self-determined result is often in the client’s best interest, motivates Anne to apply her years of experience and skill as an advocate in complex litigation matters to now assist clients and their counsel to achieve a settlement.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration & Mediation),
- Estate Litigation,
- Risk Management
B.A., Memorial University of Newfoundland (1974)
LL.B., University of Western Ontario Law School (1980)
Advanced and Applied ADR Workshop, University of Windsor Faculty of Law
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1982
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Advocates Society
- Member, Peel Law Association and Halton Law Association
- Past Member-At-Large and CPD Liaison; OBA Law Practice Management Section Executive
- Member, OBA Recognition and Leadership Development Committee
- Past President, Board of Directors for the Art Gallery of Mississauga
- To Be or Not to Be, the Estate Trustee
- New Anti-money Laundering Measures Enacted by LSO
- Reaching for the Stars: Our Second Annual Legal Workplace Survey
- The Supreme Court of Canada Extends the Duty of Honesty in Contractual Performance
- Can My Genetic Information Be Used Against Me?
- It Matters Where an Absentee Goes Missing: Monies Paid to Absentees in Quebec May Be Subject to Restitution
- Want to Discharge a Mortgage? Pay It off First
- Banking, retainers common mistakes by new firms
- An interest in a Henson Trust is not an asset