Unfortunately, not all estate matters are resolved amicably or in accordance with the deceased’s will. Sometimes there is ambiguity, dependants are left out, or other issues arise.
Our Estate Litigation lawyers represent Estate Trustees, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the estate administration process. We act for both individuals and corporations in disputes arising from will interpretations and challenges, dependant support claims, trust claims, estate trustee removal and replacement, claims against beneficiaries, and disputes over the validity of or the proper exercise of, powers of attorney. The resolution of such disputes often relies on mediation, but when necessary, our team is well able to litigate through Superior Court.
- Ontario Court of Appeal Clarifies Limitation Period for Setting Aside a Fraudulent Conveyance
- When to Use Rule 14 When Applying for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee
- To Be or Not to Be, the Estate Trustee
- The Interplay Between Benefits Under a Trust and Bankruptcy: A Beneficiary Cannot Shield Its Obligations to Creditors by Hiding Behind the Terms of a Trust
- Spousal Election: Rights of a Surviving Spouse