Contractual disputes still make up a large part of any commercial litigation practice.
We are called on to assist our clients in determining their obligations under a contract, to assist in interpreting contracts where there is ambiguity and to hold parties accountable where they have not held up their part of the bargain. Not all disputes are the same, sometimes the parties want to part company and sometimes they want to maintain a business relationship. We work with our clients to develop and implement a strategy that meets their desired outcome, and can include negotiation, mediation or litigation, not necessarily in that order.
- Landlords and the Duty of Good Faith
- You Have Just Won an Arbitration – Now What? A Brief Guide to Arbitration Enforcement in Ontario
- Prejudice to Innocent Third Parties Not an Absolute Bar to Rescission
- Court of Appeal Sends Crosstown LRT COVID-19 Decision Back for Rehearing
- The Summary Judgment Analysis and Collateral Oral Agreements to Written Contracts