While shareholders agreements are not obligatory under federal or provincial law, a carefully written and comprehensive shareholders’ agreement is essential to protect shareholders’ rights, mitigate risks, provide for a change and anticipate future disputes.
The lawyers in the Business Law Group assist clients in drafting and negotiating shareholders agreements, working with a wide spectrum of clients in many industries. We provide strategic advice on matters such as how to structure a business, the issuance of shares, financing, and the process governing disputes.
- Emojinal Damage: South West Terminal Ltd. v Achter Land, 2023 SKKB 116 (South West Terminal)
- The Importance of the Casting Vote at Directors Meetings
- Ontario’s New Record-Keeping Requirements for Private Corporations Now in Effect
- Court Issues Guidance about What Constitutes a “Material Change” under the Securities Act
- New Diversity Disclosure Requirements Could Be Coming Soon