While shareholders agreements are not obligatory under federal or provincial law, a carefully written and comprehensive shareholders’ agreement is essential to protect shareholders’ rights, mitigate risks, provide for a change and anticipate future disputes.
The lawyers in the Business Law Group assist clients in drafting and negotiating shareholders agreements, working with a wide spectrum of clients in many industries. We provide strategic advice on matters such as how to structure a business, the issuance of shares, financing, and the process governing disputes.
- New Diversity Disclosure Requirements Could Be Coming Soon
- Why Canadian Officers and Boards Should Follow a U.S. Decision on an Officer’s “Duty of Oversight”
- Canadian Businesses Should Prepare for New Mandatory Reporting on Supply Chains and Forced Labour
- The Personal Liability of Directors When Stripping Corporate Assets to Thwart Creditors
- TSX Provides Guidance on Voting Agreements