The lawyers in our Employment & Labour Practice provide creative and pragmatic solutions for a wide variety of employment-related issues that arise in today’s workplace.
With the aim to minimize time, costs and disruptions, we provide expert advice to prevent workplace disputes from becoming bigger problems. But when issues escalate, we fiercely represent our clients’ best interests before provincial tribunals and in the courts.
On day-to-day issues we provide ongoing support to management by drafting employment contracts, providing human resources advice, developing compliant workplace policies and procedures, advising on termination packages, collective agreement administration, and grievance arbitration. If required, we conduct workplace audits and workplace investigations.
In addition, our lawyers provide advice on a wide range of employment issues, including performance management, executive compensation, benefits, overtime and bonuses, as well as managing compliance issues, disability and accommodation, lay-offs, hiring and recruitment, and discipline and termination.
Acting for a diverse range of employers in the private and broader public sectors, we have specialized expertise in wrongful dismissal litigation and injunctive proceedings involving departed employees.
- Constructive Dismissal,
- Cross Border Transactions,
- Employment Agreements,
- Employment Litigation,
- Executive Compensation,
- Grievance Arbitration,
- Harassment and Discrimination,
- Health and Safety Policies and Procedures,
- Human Rights Matters,
- Injunctions and Breach of Covenants,
- Labour Relations,
- Management Training,
- Occupational Health and Safety,
- Privacy Law and Audits,
- Reprisals and Reinstatements,
- Restrictive Covenants (Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Intellectual Property Agreements),
- Temporary Layoffs,
- Warnings and Progressive Discipline,
- Workplace Accommodation,
- Workplace Audits,
- Workplace Investigations,
- Workplace Policies and Procedures Development and Review (including Employee Handbooks),
- Workplace Safety and Insurance,
- Wrongful Dismissal Litigation
- More Mandatory Policies for Ontario Employers
- $30,000 Award for Misuse of Gender Pronouns
- Employers Could be Held Liable for Improper Use of Pronouns in the Workplace
- Federally Regulated Employers Must Comply With New Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Laws
- Ontario’s Stay-at-Home Order and the Effect on Workplaces
- Employer Held Liable for Shoddy Workplace Investigation
- Employers in Peel Must Comply With Peel Public Health Order
- Mandatory COVID Screening in Workplaces
- CERB Program Extended as Economy Reopens Gradually
- New Regulatory Change to the ESA Provides Temporary Relief for Employers
- Provincial Government Update and Guidelines for Employers to Follow as Workplaces Reopen
- Ontario Extends Duration of Emergency Orders
- Update for Ontario Employers Regarding Recent COVID-19 Developments – April 3, 2020
- Dealing With the Impacts of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Update for Employers – March 23, 2020
- COVID-19: What Are Your Employee/Employer Rights?
- Coronavirus: What Employers Need to Know
- Pallett Valo’s Employment Law Group Is Expanding Its Service Offerings
- Investigating Workplace Sexual Harassment
- Cannabis Legalization in Canada – Nuisance or Business Opportunity?