Creditors and debtors are often at odds on the validity or amount owing on a debt, the validity of the security documents, the priority of secured interests, and whether there are assets available to satisfy the debt.
We have extensive experience in investigating and resolving these conflicts between creditors and debtors and are familiar with the issues from both sides. This expertise allows us to assist our clients in determining the best course to take, which often requires quick action to protect, trace and secure assets.
- Drowning in Debt: Who Bears the Burden of Litigation Loans?
- Ontario Court of Appeal Clarifies Limitation Period for Setting Aside a Fraudulent Conveyance
- Joint Tenancy and Debt Enforcement: Insights From the Senthillmohan Case
- Corporate Lawyers and Business Owners Beware: Creditor-Proofing May Be Over in Ontario
- You Have Just Won an Arbitration – Now What? A Brief Guide to Arbitration Enforcement in Ontario