The way a business is structured is vital to its successful operation. Determining how a business will operate, how the ownership will be structured, how the plans will be implemented in accordance with applicable laws are all important considerations.
The goals and the structure must be aligned and it is good practice to revisit both periodically. Once a business is on its way, it becomes important to consider a succession plan, both for the business and where the business is closely held, a succession plan for the owners and management also becomes critical. Pallett Valo has extensive experience helping clients with these plans. We work with clients to create a structure that fits and that can anticipate what will be important in the future.
- Emojinal Damage: South West Terminal Ltd. v Achter Land, 2023 SKKB 116 (South West Terminal)
- The Importance of the Casting Vote at Directors Meetings
- Ontario’s New Record-Keeping Requirements for Private Corporations Now in Effect
- Court Issues Guidance about What Constitutes a “Material Change” under the Securities Act
- Why Canadian Officers and Boards Should Follow a U.S. Decision on an Officer’s “Duty of Oversight”