Appellate advocacy requires a creative and persuasive approach to complex legal and factual issues, both in writing and in oral argument.
Our successful appeal counsel, demonstrate the ability to distil a case to its essential elements, relying on the most critical facts and legal arguments to construct a winning argument. Our lawyers represent clients at all levels of court having argued appeals in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Drowning in Debt: Who Bears the Burden of Litigation Loans?
- Landlords Must Act in Good Faith, or Pay the Price
- Corporate Lawyers and Business Owners Beware: Creditor-Proofing May Be Over in Ontario
- Priority Contest between Liens and Building Mortgages: Court of Appeal Resolves Dispute over Interpretation of Section 78(2) of the Construction Act
- Adverse Possession, Dispossession, and the Interplay between the LTA and RPLA