Scott Price guides construction clients through the many legal issues particular to the industry, providing legal advice and representation on a wide variety of construction matters, including complex multi-party proceedings.
He specializes in the review and drafting of construction related contracts from small residential to larger developments and multimillion-dollar factories.
Keeping abreast of legal developments, he ensures his clients’ construction contracts are in line with the continuous legislative changes and reflect the most current state of the industry.
With the aim to establish long-term relationships, Scott is always available to his clients to give concise input and advice on all aspects of their business requirements, from drafting and reviewing of construction contracts, to any issues that may arise up to the completion of a project.
Clients regularly seek his practical and relevant advice in the areas of liens, breach of trust, bonds, contract disputes and the resolution of all types of construction disputes.
Scott represents owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and bonding companies. He has appeared at all levels of court and various tribunals and regularly represents clients in arbitrations and mediations. Not afraid to take on any issue, his proactive approach has secured many successful outcomes using alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
As a commercial litigator, Scott represents businesses, sole proprietors and individuals, and acts as an estate litigator for individuals and families. He also assists First Nation clients with contracts and construction litigation.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Commercial Real Estate,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration & Mediation),
- Bond Claims,
- Commercial Disputes,
- Construction Disputes,
- Construction Insolvency,
- Construction Insurance Coverage and Defence, including Professional Liability Coverage,
- Construction Litigation,
- Contract Disputes,
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes,
- Creditor Remedies,
- Deficiency Claims,
- Delay and Loss of Productivity Claims,
- Drafting and Negotiating Construction Contracts,
- Drafting RFQs, RFPs, Tenders and Other Procurement Documents,
- Enforcement of Securities, Asset and Debt Recovery,
- Environmental Liability,
- Estate Litigation,
- Financial, Mortgage and Title Fraud,
- Injunctive Remedies,
- Leaking Buildings Claims,
- Lien Claims,
- Mediation, Arbitration, Adjudication and Litigation of Construction Disputes,
- Mortgage Enforcement,
- Procurement/Tender Disputes,
- Product Liability and Construction Materials-Related Claims,
- Professional Liability and Negligence,
- Professional Negligence Claims,
- Real Estate and Land Development Litigation,
- Real Estate Disputes,
- Regulatory Liability,
- Risk Management,
- Risk Management, Project Delivery and Procurement Strategy,
- Trust Claims
B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Western Ontario (1990)
LL.B., University of Alberta (1993)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1996
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Executive Board of Directors, Peel Law Association
- Moot Trials and Advocacy – Sheraton College
- HFARB Mentoring – University of Toronto and York University
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Construction Law (2021)