Ontario has a complex regime of rights and remedies for lenders and borrowers, imposing strict requirements for enforcement and some protection for debtors.
The procedural requirements differ depending on the nature of the loan and the circumstances of the default. We provide legal advice and representation to those seeking to enforce their rights as lenders or creditors as well as to those seeking protection as debtors and regularly assist clients at all stages and all sides of the collection and enforcement process. We can recover assets in the most difficult of circumstances but can also assist those seeking the creditor protection afforded by legislation and common law.
- Drowning in Debt: Who Bears the Burden of Litigation Loans?
- Ontario Court of Appeal Clarifies Limitation Period for Setting Aside a Fraudulent Conveyance
- Joint Tenancy and Debt Enforcement: Insights From the Senthillmohan Case
- Corporate Lawyers and Business Owners Beware: Creditor-Proofing May Be Over in Ontario
- You Have Just Won an Arbitration – Now What? A Brief Guide to Arbitration Enforcement in Ontario