Sarah Rustomji has a broad commercial litigation and insurance defence practice.
She has appeared in various courts throughout Ontario, including the Superior Court of Justice and Small Claims Court, and is skilled in conducting examinations for discovery, mediations and pretrials. She has successfully conducted trials and has experience representing clients in product liability cases, professional negligence matters, and occupier’s liability cases.
In a small claims trial, Sarah was able to recover the maximum costs for an institutional client because of her successful cross-examination of the plaintiff.
Furthermore, she has conducted examinations for discovery, pretrials and mediations in commercial litigation matters relating to shareholder disputes and oppression under the Ontario Business Corporations Act.
Always aiming to find creative and cost-effective solutions to her clients’ issues, Sarah has second chaired arbitrations in commercial leasing disputes and assisted in arbitrations relating to the interpretation of provisions of commercial lease agreements.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Insurance Defence,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration & Mediation),
- Commercial Disputes,
- Contract Disputes,
- Creditor Remedies,
- Insurance Law,
- Product Liability,
- Professional Liability and Negligence,
J.D., University of Windsor, 2013
J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2013
H.B.A., University of Waterloo, 2008
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2014
- Regional Representative, Ontario Bar Association, Women Lawyers Forum Executive
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, The Advocate’s Society
- Member, Women’s Law Association of Ontario
- Member, The South Asian Bar Association
- Board Member, Mississauga Arts Council