Ted Evangelidis is the Head of Pallett Valo’s Litigation Practice.
He has a broad commercial litigation practice, representing entrepreneurs, privately held family businesses and corporations, colleges, multi-national corporations and individuals.
Drawing on his extensive experience, he is well-equipped to deal with most problems and disputes businesses and individuals encounter.
A substantial part of his practice includes real estate and land-related litigation including title rectification work. He has significant expertise in handling disputes surrounding the purchase, sale, development and leasing of real estate, including construction and related contractual issues.
Ted also represents clients in a diverse range of corporate, shareholder and oppression litigation.
He appears regularly before all courts in the Province of Ontario on motions, applications, trials and appeals, and before administrative tribunals. Ted also represents clients in various forums of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
Furthermore, he also acts in defamation (libel and slander) matters, product liability cases, professional negligence matters, asset and debt recovery cases, trademark and copyright infringement matters, as well as injunctive proceedings including, Mareva Injunctions and Anton Piller Orders and in enforcing foreign judgments and other private international law matters.
Ted has acted for various First Nation clients in construction deficiency claims against general contractors and sub-contractors in connection with the construction of schools.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration & Mediation),
- Commercial Disputes,
- Commercial Tenancy Disputes,
- Construction Litigation,
- Contract Disputes,
- Copyright Infringement,
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes,
- Creditor Remedies,
- Enforcement of Securities, Asset and Debt Recovery,
- Environmental Liability,
- Financial, Mortgage and Title Fraud,
- Injunctive Remedies,
- Mortgage Enforcement,
- Product Liability,
- Professional Liability and Negligence,
- Real Estate and Land Development Litigation,
- Risk Management,
- Trademark Infringement and Passing-Off Litigation
B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Toronto (1997)
LL.B., Queen’s University (2000)
Canadian Securities Course
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2002
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Advocates’ Society
- Member, Peel Law Association
- Member, Hellenic Canadian Board of Trade
- Past Board Member (Treasurer), Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
- Past Board Member, Civil Litigation Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- COVID and the Courts: The Year in Review
- Partition Orders Are Rare, for Good Reason
- Court of Appeal Orders Security for a Trial Judgment for the First Time in Ontario
- Superior Court of Justice: Continued Suspension of In-Person Hearings
- Privacy Law and Canadian Law Applied in Business
- Update: Enforcing Judgments through the Sheriffs Sale Process The Supreme Court of Canada Weighs In
- Greek (Conversational)