Dylan Fisher is a litigation generalist and provides legal advice and representation on a wide variety of commercial related matters.
These include contractual disputes, real estate and property disputes, asset and debt recovery, commercial tenancy matters, shareholder disputes, injunctive relief, fraud, creditor remedies/collections, defamation, estate litigation, environmental contamination matters, and appeals. Prior experience includes insurance defence and coverage.
Dylan is a passionate advocate and employs effective litigation strategies to further his clients’ goals. A creative approach and a results-oriented focus enable him to resolve disputes efficiently.
By getting to know his clients’ businesses well, he can provide tailormade, pragmatic solutions and strategies in line with their business objectives. His clients range from individuals and small family-owned enterprises to large corporations.
Dylan has appeared before most levels of court in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal. He also represents clients through various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediations.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Insurance Defence,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration & Mediation),
- Commercial Disputes,
- Commercial Tenancy Disputes,
- Contract Disputes,
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes,
- Creditor Remedies,
- Enforcement of Securities, Asset and Debt Recovery,
- Estate Litigation,
- Financial, Mortgage and Title Fraud,
- Injunctive Remedies,
- Insurance Law,
- Mortgage Enforcement,
- Product Liability,
- Professional Liability and Negligence,
- Real Estate and Land Development Litigation,
J.D., University of Western Ontario, 2017
B.A. (Hons.), University of Waterloo, 2014
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2018
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Member, Peel Law Association
- Former Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Former Member, Ontario Insurance Professionals Association
- You Have Just Won an Arbitration – Now What? A Brief Guide to Arbitration Enforcement in Ontario
- Ontario Court of Appeal Upholds Data Exclusion Clauses in CGL Policies – No Duty to Defend
- Beware Your Fellow Occupiers – the Court of Appeal Weighs in on the Occupiers’ Liability Act
- Overhaul to Rule 76 Simplified Procedure
- Dylan S. Fisher and Sarah Rustomji Join Pallett Valo
- Paul Bradley Award in Real Estate Law, 2016
- Darwin Hayward Award in Law (Corporate Law), 2016
- Alex Kennedy Memorial Scholarship (Insurance Law), 2016