Corporate governance is the practice of ensuring that a corporation conducts itself with accountability, in accordance with legislation and best practices, within the bounds of its purpose and consistent with accepted standards of corporate conduct.
Corporations use a collection of mechanisms, processes, and relations ensure good corporate governance. Pallett Valo has experience helping corporations to create the structure and practices necessary to ensure sound corporate governance.
- New Diversity Disclosure Requirements Could Be Coming Soon
- Why Canadian Officers and Boards Should Follow a U.S. Decision on an Officer’s “Duty of Oversight”
- Canadian Businesses Should Prepare for New Mandatory Reporting on Supply Chains and Forced Labour
- Where Your Disclosures Might Be Going Wrong: Looking at the CSA’s Continuous Disclosure Review Heading Into Earnings and AGM Season
- The Personal Liability of Directors When Stripping Corporate Assets to Thwart Creditors