Matthew Kindree is Head of Pallett Valo’s Business Law Practice.
With extensive expertise in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, banking and finance, and corporate reorganizations and restructurings, Matt advises domestic and international clients on a wide range of corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters across all industries. These include technology, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and transportation. He also advises start-up enterprises on general business, corporate finance, and regulatory matters.
Drawing on the experience he gained during his 10 years at a Top 10 global law firm, he assists foreign businesses establishing operations in Canada, and supports Canadian businesses expanding internationally. In addition, he acts as Canadian agent counsel to foreign law firms in connection with a broad range of business law matters.
Matt is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the Lincoln Alexander Law School at Toronto Metropolitan University where he teaches Business Law. Matt also serves on the board of directors of several for-profit and not-for-profit corporations, and is a former member of the Executive Committee of the Ontario Bar Association (Business Law Section). He has chaired and presented over fifty seminars and conferences on corporate and finance-related topics. Furthermore, he has written several articles on banking and finance and Canadian corporate law.
Certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a specialist in corporate and commercial law, and by the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada as a specialist in corporate finance, he has also been recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a Lexpert Rising Star and a lawyer to watch in the area of corporate commercial law.
A graduate of the University of Western Ontario, Matt is a recipient of the Law Society of Ontario Prize for academic excellence and the Gretta J. Grant Prize for outstanding community legal service.
- Business Law,
- Banking and Finance,
- Commercial Agreements,
- Corporate Finance,
- Corporate Governance,
- Corporate Reorganizations,
- Cross Border Transactions,
- Joint Ventures,
- Mergers and Acquisitions,
- Not-for-Profit and Charity Law,
- Partnership Agreements,
- Secured and Unsecured Transactions,
- Shareholders Agreements
B.A., University of Western Ontario, 2000
LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 2005
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2006
- Member, Ontario Bar Association, Business Law Section Executive (2012-2016, 2017-present), CLE Program Coordinator (2013-2016)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canada’s Venture Capital & Private Equity Association, YPC Executive Committee
- Member, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Member, Board of Directors of the Randstad Canada Charitable Foundation
- Medicine Professional Corporations
- Briggs & Stratton Acquires Equity in Accelerated Systems, Inc.
- Introducing Personal Real Estate Corporations
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Dealing With the Impacts of COVID-19
- New Record-keeping Requirements for Private Corporations under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Business Name Registrations in Ontario
- Real Property Record Keeping Obligations for Ontario Corporations
- Benefits of Incorporating your Business
- Senior Corporate Lawyer Enhances Leading Law Firms Capabilities
- Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Corporate and Commercial Law
- Designated by the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada as a Specialist in Corporate Finance
- Recognized as a Lawyer to Watch in the area of Corporate Commercial Law by the Canadian Legal LEXPERT Directory
- Lexpert Rising Star: Leading Lawyers Under 40 Award, 2018
- Law Society of Ontario Prize for Academic Excellence
- Gretta J. Grant Prize for Outstanding Community Legal Service