Pallett Valo offers clients the confidence that their reputation will be protected by a team of highly effective and insightful trademark professionals with the right depth of experience to safely and effectively register, commercialize and strongly enforce your trademarks and brands.
In a competitive global marketplace, companies strive to distinguish their products and services from those of others through distinctive marks, logos, names and messages in order to build their reputation and generate customer loyalty. Whether your business is navigating the Canadian or international trademark market, our trademark expertise can help to save time and financial resources.
Our lawyers assist with trade-mark clearance, registration, maintenance and management. We regularly prepare and prosecute trade-mark applications, advise on licensing and related agreements, labelling, trade name and branding issues. We counsel and represent clients in trade-mark investigations, enforcement proceedings and infringement litigation.
Our services include assisting clients in:
- Strategic advice on managing national and international trademark portfolios;
- Trademark infringement litigation and settlement;
- Searching, clearing, filing and registering trademarks and domain names;
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings;
- selecting, developing and clearing trademarks and trade names;
- preparing and prosecuting trademark applications in Canada;
- facilitating the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications in the United States and worldwide;
- developing and managing trademark licensing programs, including drafting and negotiating trademark license agreements and franchise and distribution agreements;
- reviewing material related to branding, advertising and labelling ;
- handling oppositions, cancellations and appeals before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.