Murray Box focuses on leasing and general business law, representing a wide range of clients, from national pension funds to private owners with one or more properties, and from sole proprietors to mid-size corporations.
With extensive experience advising both landlords and tenants on all aspects of commercial leasing, in particular the negotiation, preparation and enforcement of commercial leases, he consistently provides win-win solutions for all parties.
He also assists clients with business acquisitions or sales, corporate reorganizations, shareholder and partnership arrangements and disputes, distributorship arrangements and trademark and franchise transactions.
- Business Law,
- Commercial Agreements,
- Commercial Leasing,
- Corporate Reorganizations,
- Joint Ventures,
- Licensing and Technology Transfers,
- Mergers and Acquisitions,
- Partnership Agreements,
- Shareholders Agreements
B.A., University of Toronto (1981)
LL.B., Queen’s University (1984)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1986
- Relief From Forfeiture of a Commercial Lease: How Much Is Too Much?
- So You Want to Sublease Premises – Understanding Your Risks
- Ontario Superior Court Applies New Non-Enforcement Provisions in the Commercial Tenancies Act
- Ontario Government Enacts Legislation to Protect Commercial Tenants Amid Shutdowns
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program – an Overview