Jeffrey Percival focuses on commercial and employment litigation, representing private sector employer clients, manufacturing and engineering companies, Ontario-based entrepreneurs, national and multi-national corporations, and non-profit organizations.
Clients greatly appreciate his ability to provide pragmatic, timely and value-added guidance on resolving complex legal concerns.
Drawing on his considerable trial and appellate experience, he regularly defends manufacturers and architectural and engineering firms from product liability and professional negligence claims.
Jeffrey also advises employer clients on all types of employment and labour matters, including responding wrongful and constructive dismissal claims, crafting and updating employer policies and procedures and appearing at courts and tribunals to steadfastly represent his clients’ interests when necessary.
He has appeared before all levels of Ontario courts, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Appeal. He has also appeared before various administrative tribunals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
Furthermore, Jeffrey has significant experience acting on injunctive relief, defamation (libel and slander) and estates-related litigation matters.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Employment and Labour,
- Insurance Defence,
- Construction Disputes,
- Construction Insurance Coverage and Defence, including Professional Liability Coverage,
- Construction Litigation,
- Constructive Dismissal,
- Employment Agreements,
- Employment Litigation,
- Human Rights Matters,
- Injunctions and Breach of Covenants,
- Injunctive Remedies,
- Insurance Law,
- Leaking Buildings Claims,
- Product Liability,
- Product Liability and Construction Materials-Related Claims,
- Professional Liability and Negligence,
- Professional Negligence Claims,
- Restrictive Covenants (Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Intellectual Property Agreements),
- Workplace Investigations,
- Workplace Safety and Insurance,
- Wrongful Dismissal Litigation
B.A. (Hons), French Translation, McGill University (1993)
B. Journ., Ryerson University (1995)
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School (1998)
Canadian Securities Course (2001)
LL.M., Securities Law, Osgoode Hall Law School (2003)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2000
- Board of Directors, Ontario Bar Association, Chair of Sections
- Former Council Member, Ontario Bar Association, Central West Region
- Former Treasurer, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Advocates’ Society
- Member, Peel Law Association
- Member, Oakville Chamber of Commerce
- Past-Chair, Board of Directors, Mississauga Board of Trade
- Spanish (working knowledge)
We had the need to hire Jeffrey on several occasions for various legal matters. His work was far superior to what I had encountered with some external counsel. He was bang on with his advice, he was practical and personable and thought very quickly on his feet. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Jeffrey again.